Thanks to all the Persons we Support, their Caregivers and Family members, our Staff, Management Team, Board Members, and Employers & Community Members. Your continued support has helped SACL earn our 4th consecutive 3-year CARF Accreditation!
CARF Accreditation is an in depth process that helps ensure SACL is providing quality individualized support services.
Our most recent survey took place on June 11, 12 & 13 of 2014.
Although there are always improvements to be made, we obtained our fourth consecutive 3-year accreditation.
Some of the comments from the survey team included:
– SACL fosters a culture of continuos quality improvement as evidenced through interviews with personnel and other stakeholders and documentation procedures implemented by management.
– SACL is commended for its efforts to improve efficiencies through technology as evidenced by its usage of a web-based program called ShareVision. The program is allowing SACL to reduce paper usage and improve personnel access to organizational policies and procedures and the plans of care for the persons supported.
– SACL has taken a progressive position in improving service delivery as evidenced by its move to downtown Salmon Arm. The move has allowed for more community integration access for the persons supported and easier access to integrated employment settings for the persons supported.
– The personnel at all levels are committed to the organization’s mission and vision and to positively impacting the lives of the persons supported
– SACL’s leadership is commended for its visionary direction and commitment to continuous quality improvement as it explores new ways to deliver vocational services to the persons supported
– SACL is well known, respected, and a good corporate citizen within the community.
– The leadership and management are a truly integrated team with close working and interactive relationships with all personnel and the persons supported
– Community Living of British Columbia has named SACL the best employment program in the entire province.
– SACL’s employment program has been successful in placing persons supported in approximately 37 community businesses and is still growing those placements.
– The community integration program offers a variety of community events and community integration opportunities, and the persons supported have a selection and choice in community activities and participation.
– The supported living program has placed individuals in well-designed and newly decorated homes that foster home management and independence. It provides supports to the persons supported living in their own homes in their community.
– The respite program has assisted persons in community functions and involvement that otherwise would not be available to them.
– Caregivers revealed a high level of satisfaction. One caregiver reports that, if she calls SACL with any kind o a concern, it gets fixed immediately. The caregivers feel that their charges are respected and treated well. The organization shows understanding, is accessible, and takes very good care of their persons supported.
– The persons supported are enthusiastic about their program participation and their community involvement. They are proud to be meaningful members of society and work very hard to improve their lives with the help of their programs. They love talking about their accomplishments in the community.
– Staff members reveal a sincere interest in helping the persons supported enhance their lives. They are devoted and committed to fulfilling this mission. This is evident when observing their interaction with the persons supported.